Logging in for the first time
Follow the instructions given to you by the school.
If you have been given a PIN, follow the steps below. You can only use this PIN once to create a password and then it will expire.
- Go to this page or open the mobile app, click Log in with PIN option
- Search for your school (by name or postcode)
- Type in your school email
- Enter your PIN
- Tick "I am not a robot" and complete any security tasks if necessary
- Click Submit
- On the next screen, confirm your email address.
- Choose and confirm a password
- Press Update details
💡Your password must include at least 10 characters, a digit, a lower case, uppercase letter and a special character.
Your account is now set up and you will no longer need a PIN. From now on you can access your account using your email and password.
Forgot your password?
If you have an email address linked to your student account, you can request a new password to be sent to your email address.
Q: My PIN has expired. What should I do?
You only need your PIN if this is your first time logging in. If you already have an account, click on 'Forgot password'.
If your PIN expired before you managed to create your account, please ask your school for a new PIN.
Q: My email address was not recognised. What should I do?
If your school email address wasn’t recognised, this means we don’t have your address on file just yet. Here’s what you can do:
- Do you have alternative school email addresses, or perhaps a personal email? Please try that too!
- Ask your parent for a new PIN. They can view this in Settings > Student management.
- Contact the school's IT team for help.
Q. I'm unable to to reset my password, I'm seeing an error.
"Password reset not available, please use the same login details as you do for other school services, or get in touch with your school administrator."
If you are seeing the message above, your school has disabled the SMHW logins and enabled the school's default login method instead. Here's what you can do:
- Try logging in with your usual school username and password. These can be the same as the details you use to unlock your school computer.
- If your school typically accesses other services using Office 365, Google or RM Unify, please make sure to click the relevant option and enter your email and password. You will find these options on both the website and our mobile apps:
Still having trouble logging in?
Please contact the school's IT team for further assistance. For privacy reasons, we are unable to provide new login details.